Objective of e-Air Waybill (e-AWB)
- Removal of paper AWB & replace with electronic AWB.
- Replacing paper contract by electronic contract between Cathay Pacific (CX) & Freight Forwarder.
- 100% e-AWB for all export shipments from Hong Kong (HKG), effective from 1 January 2011.
Scope of e-AWB
- A standard process between Freight Forwarder and CX.
- All cargo types.
- All destinations. (Including non-Montreal Convention (MC99) / non-Montreal Protocol (MP4).
Agreement for Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)
The Agreement enables your company, as the shipper, and Cathay Pacific (CX) to adopt e-AWB in the future. The Airport Schedule for HKG enabled your company and CX to adopt 100% e-AWB in Hong Kong by 1 January 2011.
Both Carrier and Shipper must sign the Agreement for EDI prior to implementing the e-AWB.
Please click the following links to join the Multilateral e-AWB Agreement (MeA)
Quick Reference and Guidance
Please refer to the following documents for your reference and guidance. It is subject to review and change if necessary.