Objective of e-Air Waybill (e-AWB)
- Removal of paper AWB & replace with electronic AWB.
- Replacing paper contract by electronic contract between Cathay Pacific (CX)/Dragonair(KA) & Freight Forwarder.
- 100% e-AWB for all export shipments from Hong Kong (HKG), effective from 1 January 2011.
- 100% e-AWB rollout to all CX/KA stations by the end 2016.
Scope of e-AWB
- A standard process between Freight Forwarder and CX/KA.
- All cargo types.
- All destinations. (Including non-Montreal Convention (MC99) / non-Montreal Protocol (MP4).
Milestone for the e-AWB implementation in HKG:
- Technical setup and connection between Freight Forwarder and Airline ready as of October 2010.
- Trial run successfully completed as of November 2010.
- for EDI signed and returns before early December 2010.
- 100% e-AWB cutover for HKG as of 1st January 2011.
Agreement for Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)
The Agreement enables your company, as the shipper, and Cathay Pacific (CX) and/or Dragonair (KA) to adopt e-AWB in the future. The Airport Schedule for HKG enabled your company and CX/KA to adopt 100% e-AWB in Hong Kong by 1 January 2011.
Both Carrier and Shipper must sign the Agreement for EDI prior to implementing the e-AWB.
Please click the following links to download for your review and sign.
1. Agreement for EDI for HKG (revised Nov2011)
2. Airport Schedule for HKG (revised Nov2011)
3. Guide to complete Agreement for EDI & Airport Schedule
Quick Reference and Guidance
Please refer to the following documents for your reference and guidance. It is subject to review and change if necessary.