To train and raise the operational skill of the air freight staff to an optimal standard
By the end of the course, you will be able to
- Use the TACT Rules book and Rate books
- Define IATA areas
- Apply Coding / Decoding of Airport and Cities
- Calculate the air cargo tariff
- Understand rate application
- Understand Services and related charges
- Understand Airline Liability and Insurance
- Complete an Air Waybill
Who Should Attend
- Recently recruited personnel of air forwarding agents
- Personnel who need to calculate cargo tariffs and issue air waybills
- Air Cargo Flow
- Functions of various parties involved in the air cargo business
- Business guidance
- Functions of the Rule book and Rate books
- IATA geography
- Chargeable weight
- Valuation charges
- Disbursement fees
- Currency rounding off regulations
- Charges collect shipment and payment facilities by country of destination
- General cargo rates
- Special commodity rates
- Class rates
- Air Waybill functions and completion
- Difference between Airline Liability and Insurance
- Written examination
Cathay Pacific Airways,
Training and Development Centre,
4/F., North Tower,
Cathay City, 8 Scenic Road
H.K. International Airport
Should the learner need to cancel his/ her participation in the course, CX will refund:
- 80% of the tuition fee when written advice received before 61 days of the course commencement.
- 40% of the tuition fee when written advice received before 31 – 60 days of the course commencement.
- 20% of the tuition fee when written advice received before 15 – 30 days of the course commencement.
- No refund for any cancellation within 14 days of the course commencement.
Please forward your nomination with details of the nominee i.e. full name, job title, contact number, fax number and address of the company to Cargo Training Team by fax 2141-7016 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For enquiries concerning course administration details, please feel free to contact Cargo Training Department on 2747-7016.
Award of Certificate
A certificate will be issued confirming successful completion of the test.
CX reserves the right to cancel a course if there is insufficient enrolment or there are unforeseen difficulties arising from running the course.
Course Code / Date
Language Medium: Cantonese (Supplemented with English)
Course Manual will be in English
- HAFFABT-1301 / 22-26APR13
- HAFFABT-1302 / 15-19JUL13
- HAFFABT-1303 / 07-11OCT13